As part of our design and pre-construction services, we will;
- Manage and administer the design including approvals and information flow.
- Manage, co-ordinate and integrate the work of the design team including specialist designers and subcontractors.
- Co-ordinate the design input of the Design Team.
- Establish structural grid and floor levels.
- Liaise with and obtain statutory approvals from the relevant Authorities and Agencies. (where applicable)
- Ensure that the Design Team fulfill their obligations as required by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Carry out risk analysis of the design as it progresses.
- Issue details of residual design risks to our client.
- Check the progress of design information released to suit the agreed programme.
- Scrutinize and comment on subcontractors and specialists design and coordinate comments from others.
- Liaise with the Design Manager to ensure the design production is programmed to allow sufficient time for cost checking, buildability issues, and compliance with the Project Brief, Employer approval / amendments and procurement of subcontractors / suppliers.
- Establish and monitor procedures for ensuring that the design is in accordance with the Cost Plan and liaise with the Project Senior Quantity Surveyor and his advisors in monitoring financial control.
- Co-ordinate answers to subcontractor and Construction Team queries.
- Establish and maintain contact with Statutory Service Providers to ensure their requirements are taken into account. Communicate respective requirements to Design Team.
Collaborative working is a key feature of our process to project success. We work best when we are involved early with our clients, so we can support them offering an affordable, quality and compliant design solution.